Monday, June 18, 2007

El primer

I created this to share my love for Latin music, and as an adjunct resource to the Latin Show on WCBN FM (www.wcbn.org), which I host every three weeks in addition to my normal freeform show, The Sourdough Rag. You can expect periodical updates of songs or albums, ranging from 70s Nuyorican salsa to Latin soul to plena to guajira and beyond, all with an admittedly Puerto Rican bias. Without further ado, the playlist to my show from earlier today:

The Latin Show (June 17, 2007)

1. Larry Harlow - No Hay Amigo
2. Cuco Valoy y Los Virtuosos - El Amigo y La Mujer
3. Orquesta Novel - Papas Fritas con Hamburger
4. Ismael Rivera con Kako y Su Orquesta - El Cumbanchero
5. Los Dementes - La Llorona
6. Ray Barretto - Indestructible (Live)
7. Orquesta Sociedad '74 - Ahora Tengo Una Vieja
8. Chivirico - Cuando Tu Quieras
9. Pete "El Conde" Rodriguez - Soy La Ley
10. Javier Vazquez - Tu No Me Has Visto Miguel
11. Tempo 70 - El Galleton
12. Cortijo y Su Maquina del Tiempo - De Coco y Anis

1 comment:

Nuage fiché qui rêve said...

Hola Julian,

Thanks for the invitation ; I guess I will make some discoverings here, as I don't have a big knowledge of latin musics, in spite of the fact that I was introduced to a couple of "bombs" by the fantastic Orgy in Rhythm from Baccoso.
I look forward to listen to your shares !

Best

Fred "H&H"